New Student Enrollment

We are pleased to welcome you to Northwest Allen County Schools! Here are some details on how to get your child or children enrolled.

Enrollment Requirements

  • The child must be at least 5 years old by August 1 of the year he or she will begin school.
  • The child must live within NACS boundaries. Parents will be required to show proof of residency.

Enrollment Process

  • Enrollment is handled at the individual school. This link is a Directory of NACS Schools with addresses and contact information.
  • The following documentation is needed to enroll:
    • Child's birth certificate (Board of Health copy, not the hospital version)
    • Proof of residence as defined in the link (driver's license and a gas/electric/water utility bill)
    • Child's immunization records - requirements and a form are linked here
    • Health Information Form - linked here, complete and print
    • If applicable, court documents for custody or visitation issues. A copy of any legal documents regarding custody or visitation pertaining to the child, such as custody papers, divorce decree or other court-ordered papers must be provided. Please be assured that this information is kept confidential. The court documents you provide should be the most recent and final copy of any court decree.

Incoming Kindergarten Students

  • For incoming kindergarten students, a Kindergarten Roundup is held each spring. Details are available at the link.
  • Once enrollment is complete, watch for details about Fall Registration - dates and times are available at the link. 

Elementary Students - Grades 1-5

  • For other elementary students, complete this Grades 1-5 Enrollment Form linked here. You will be asked to upload the documentation listed above while completing this form, or you can mail copies of those documents to the school separately.
  • After completing the form, the school office will verify age and residency. You will be contacted with confirmation or for missing documentation.
  • Once enrollment is complete, watch for details about Fall Registration - dates and times are available at the link. 

Middle School Students - Grades 6-8

  • For students in grades 6-8, come to the school to enroll at one of these times: 
    • Fall Registration - dates and times are available at the link. 
    • During the summer, contact the school office to schedule an enrollment appointment. 
    • During the school year, come to the school during school hours.
  • The 6-8 Enrollment form is available at the link. Please complete it and print to bring to the school with the documents from above.
  • Transportation Request - if bus transportation is needed, please complete the form linked here and print

High School Students - Grades 9-12

  • Call the Carroll HS Guidance Office at 260-637-6913 to schedule an appointment with a counselor to enroll your child.
    • The CHS Enrollment packet is available at the link. Please complete as much of it as you can before your enrollment appointment.
    • If enrolling during the summer, please call to schedule an appointment to enroll your child. After enrollment, your child may attend CHS Registration in August. Registration is not the time to enroll your student, it is for students already enrolled and who have met with the guidance counselor.