NACS EXTENDED INSTRUCTIONAL DAY SCHEDULEFebruary to April 2014
In light of the recent weather related cancellations, Northwest Allen County Schools must make up 4 days of lost instructional time. Due to the conditional waiver offered by the Indiana Department of Education, NACS has elected to make up the lost instructional time by lengthening the school day. Click here for the Extended Day Letter from Superintendent Chris Himsel and here for the Extended Day Calendar.
Just a reminder that effective, February 25th begins our Extended Day schedule for Mondays thru Thursdays. If you have any changes for dismissal procedures, please send a note and or call the Perry Hill office at 637-3158. You may also print the attached Extended Day Transportation Information Form form and send it in.
What does this mean for your family?
- Elementary morning school start times are the same on extended days as regular elementary schedule morning start times.
- CMS, MCMS, CFC, and CHS morning school start times are 10 minutes earlier than regular CMS, MCMS, CFS, and CHS schedule morning start times on days when an extended day schedule is implemented.
- Afternoon school ending times will be 50 minutes later than regular afternoon school ending times for ALL students on days when an extended day schedule is implemented.
- Bus transportation will be adjusted accordingly.
- Afternoon bus route drop-off times will be about 50 minutes later than regular afternoon schedule bus route drop-off times for ALL bus riders on days when an extended day schedule is implemented.
- Morning bus route pick up times will be the same on extended days as regular schedule morning bus route pick up times for ALL bus riders.
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday
7:50 – 3:35
8:20 – 3:35
7:35 – 3:58
8:05 – 3:58
7:40 – 3:45
8:20 – 3:45
Thanks for all that you have done to make the alternate schedule as workable and productive as possible.