About MCMS PTO
MAPLECREEK MIDDLE SCHOOL PTO
• To serve as a liaison between the schooland the home.
• Provide funding for education enhancementsnot provided by NACS.
• Membership is $10 and upon membership youare provided a Student Phone Directory forparents/guardians of Maple Creek students.
• Members are encouraged to attend themeetings, which are held the 4thTuesday of each month at 6:00 p.m. in theLibrary.
• Volunteering is also encouraged,anything from volunteering at PTO events to baking cookies (even one time) forHospitality/Staff Appreciation.
• Receiving a really cool phone directory.
• Being ‘in the know’ about schoolhappenings.
• Getting to know other parents, teachers,and staff (and vice-versa).
• Gaining the inner peace felt whenvolunteering for a worthwhile endeavor.
Executive Board Positions:
• The Elected Officers: President orCo-President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer, Ways & Means Coordinator, andVolunteer Coordinator.
• Other Members: 3 Members-At-Large (one fromeach grade), Teacher Representatives, Advisor (immediate pastpresident).
• Box Tops for Education, Career Day,Communications
• Cool Cats, Directory/Advertising, EighthGrade Trip, Hospitality/Staff
Appreciation, Nominating, and Scrip.
‘Sponsor Your Student’:
• The major fundraiser for our budget –avoids other types of fundraising.
• It is simply a voluntary, one-time,tax-deductible donation paid directly to MCMS
PTO and takes place on registration day. You choose the amount.
(What is it worth to you to not be asked tosell items for partial profit?)
A donation of at least $15.00 is suggested.
• PTO President: Anne Melchi, phone 450-9959