To Setup SchoolMessenger Contacts:
SchoolMessenger pulls the email addresses and phone numbers for the parent/guardian contacts recorded in PowerSchool. These will be used for email and voice notifications only. To review these entries and to enter a cell number to receive text notifications, use the following directions.
- Sign in to PowerSchool with your parent username and password.
- Click the Contact Manager link from the menu on the left of the screen.
- Click the Contacts tab to see the list of students.
- Click the Edit link at the right of each child’s line to see the stored information.
- By default, the first phone and email contact are checked for receiving emergency notices sent during non-school hours. All contacts will be notified of a school hours emergency. Disregard the boxes for Attendance, General, and Survey notices, as NACS will not use SchoolMessenger for these types of messages. If the phone numbers and email addresses listed here are incorrect, the fall online registration process will provide an opportunity for an update. After the start of school, contact the school office to make corrections.
- To receive a text message in the event of an emergency, including school delays or closings, enter up to four cell phone numbers. Include the area code with the number. Check the boxes to indicate the type of notification you want to receive via text.
- Click the Save button at the bottom, then the Logout link in the upper right.